Friday, October 22, 2021

Friday September 24, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM (CST)

Attended: Sarah Andrews, Patti Bahr, Kirk Corey Brad Ferrier, Madde Hoberg, Jen Knights, Megan Meyer, Michael Penniman, Laura Perry, Bri Swope, Elizabeth Wallace, TM Weissenberger

  • Approval of Minutes for previous meeting
    • Clarify for posting on
      • Send minutes out after meeting – send to all CDA list. Reviewed, approved at meeting and then posted to website.
      • Minutes from August meeting approved.
    • August 2021 minutes
      • Jen moves to approve, TM seconds

Announcements / Updates:

  • Iowa Board of Regent’s Summit on Disability
    • Wednesday, October 27th, ISU (Ames)
    • TM Weissenberger & Patti Bahr is likely planning to attend – if you plan to attend, contact TM or Patti to carpool
  • Judy Huemann Visit postponed – Bri
    • Transitioning to spring, March 28-April 1 and in person at Hancher
  • Crip Camp screening on Oct 28th – Jen
    • Available for streaming on Netflix and authorized to be broadcast for educational purposes.  Proposal to do virtual screening October 28, 4-6pm and 6-7pm virtual panel discussion.
      • Could CDA provide panelists (Crip Camp filmmakers have provided an extensive discussion guide)? Michael P, Bri, Megan & Jen will meet
        • Kelly Von Lehmden, LEND Training Director
        • Judy Warth, self-advocacy – students competitive employed out of high school
        • Brooke Lovelace, state developmental disabilities council
  • Need speaker for library staff development on barriers for neurodivergent people – Brad
    • Recommended to reach out to Hawk IDDRC, Michael Baca (co-director Dr. Lane Strathearn)
  • Campus Maps – TM
    • New mapping system. Historically, Online digital campus mapping that is usable and accessible has been a challenge. New partnership with Concept3D. Request for TM to partner in regard to usability and accessibility
    • Office of Strat Comm has contracted a new vendor to create a more interactive map that shows multiple layers, including ADA Accessibility. What feedback does this group have that would be useful to enhance this?
      • Representative from this group to talk at CDA October & Nov meetings.
    • Michael to share his poster for LEND program
    • Is there a need to identify accessibility related landmarks/features, that could go on this map?
    • Request to identify accessibility locations on campus. Facilities management is also
    • Bri Swope/Inclusive Recreation course is interested in partnering regarding accessibility standards on campus
    • Notes from chat: steep grades that may not show on maps, hearing loop rooms, power doors/ramps
  • Other’s?


  • Asset mapping on campus – could CDA be a clearing house for all things accessibility related topics on campus?

Next meeting: Friday, October 22, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM (CST)

Plan for November 19 (instead of Nov 26) meeting until 1pm as well